Last updated: 1 September 2017
Fantastic Aussie Tours Pty Ltd (ABN 54 003 025 250) (trading as “Blue Mountains Explorer Bus”) is committed to providing you with a high level of customer service. This includes protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of the personal information you provide to us. We are bound by, and will abide by, the Australian Privacy Principles set forth in the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988.
• the kind of personal information Blue Mountains Explorer Bus may collect about you and how we collect the information;
• how we use your personal information;
• how we may disclose your personal information;
• how we protect the information we hold about you; and
• how you can access the information we hold about you.
Links to other sites
Our websites may contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Blue Mountains Explorer Bus. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and you access these sites at your own risk. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that you visit to identify how it collects and uses personal information.
What kind of personal information do we collect and hold?
In the process of conducting our business, we are likely to collect a wide range of personal information about you. The type of personal information we collect generally includes your name, residential, shipping and billing addresses, email address, telephone or mobile numbers, as well as interests and information about your transactions with us or our business partners, including the products and services we provide to you.
If you are accessing our products and services via our websites, we may use technology to collect information as to your activities, including the IP address of your computer (or other devices), your web browsing history on our websites and transactional data including your payment histories.
We do not generally collect “sensitive information” (such as information about ethnic origin, religious or political views, health information etc) from you.
If you are a participant of a competition organised by us, we may collect additional personal information from you. Please refer to the section “Competition Contestants” below for more information.
Credit card information
How do we collect personal information?
Blue Mountains Explorer Bus collects personal information directly from you when you submit it online (including via email and live chats) to a website operated by Blue Mountains Explorer Bus, by telephone or facsimile, by social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, or in person at one of our events.
Cookies and web beacons
Information that you disclose publicly or via social media networks
Blue Mountains Explorer Bus provides contents and services on a range of platforms (including social media networks) with interactive features to which you may contribute. If you post your personal information in publicly accessible places or social media platforms, your personal information will become publicly available (subject to, where applicable, any privacy settings you have in place in social media platforms). Blue Mountains Explorer Bus will not be responsible for the protection of personal information you choose to publish this way.
Reviews and testimonials
If you provide a review for a product available on one or more of our websites, or a testimonial regarding the service you’ve received, you agree that we may publish part or all of your review, rating and associated photographs or testimonial together with your first name (or full name if you so choose), and city, state and or country. This includes reviews and testimonials provided via our websites, email or social media platforms.
If you are a contestant of a competition held by us, subject to any “conditions of entry” to that competition and depending on the nature of the competition, we may be in possession of your photographs, images or recordings of your voice. By participating in such competition, you consent to us to reproducing those images or recordings on our website, and social media channels along with your name, suburb and state.
How do we use personal information?
Blue Mountains Explorer Bus may use your personal information for the purposes for which it was initially collected or purposes related to such initial purpose if such purposes would be within your reasonable expectations. For example, to:
• provide you with our products and services;
• respond to questions or product requests (including via online live chats);
• forecast your future needs for our products and services;
• keep a record of our dealings with each other and enable us to contact you when necessary;
• develop a data profile to enable us to tailor our products and services to you; or
• (where applicable) conduct competitions and promotions in which you participated.
We may also use your personal information for purposes authorised by laws or regulations, such as to prevent or investigate alleged crime or fraud.
In addition, in order to improve and better our offers and service, Blue Mountains Explorer Bus may, from time to time, use your personal information to contact you to identify promotions, competitions, products and services offered by us that may be of interest to you.
By supplying us your information, you give Blue Mountains Explorer Bus permission to communicate to you via email, SMS, social media and telephone to inform you about products and services offered by us which are relevant to you. This permission is not limited in time unless you choose to opt out by contacting us using the contact information provided below, or by utilising an ‘unsubscribe’ facility on a communication we send to you in which case, Blue Mountains Explorer Bus will take steps to ensure you do not receive any such direct marketing information in future.
Disclosure of personal information
• financial services providers, such as our banks or third party supplier for securing payment of the products or services we provided to you, such as PayPal, and where applicable credit report agencies or debt collectors;
• technology service providers, such as internet service providers, database management services, digital mail providers who send communications on our behalf, live help service providers and service providers for the prevention of fraud and protection of data;
• service providers who performs market research or manage or review the services provided to you; and
• our professional advisers, accountants, lawyers and auditors.
These third parties may be located in Australia or overseas, including but not limited to the United States.
We require these organisations to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and also seek to ensure that they adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles. These service providers are not permitted to use your personal information for their own marketing purposes.
In addition, we may release your personal information under the following circumstances:
• when required to do so by a court or under applicable laws or regulation (for example, a subpoena) or where requested by a government agency;
• where we consider a company or an individual may be engaged in fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices that a governmental agency should be made aware of; and
• to appropriate persons, where your communication suggests possible harm to others.
How to access and amend personal information
If you become aware that any information we hold about you is incorrect or out-of-date, please let us know immediately. We will be happy to accept updated personal information in writing from the owner of that information at any time.
However, in order to protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make corrections of your personal information. Depending on the nature of your request, we may ask the owner of the information to complete a personal information request form.
Our objective is to respond to any request within a reasonable timeframe and no later than 30 days. We will inform you if this timeframe is not achievable.
In some circumstances, Blue Mountains Explorer Bus may not be in a position to grant access to personal information, such circumstances include:
• providing access is likely to pose a serious threat to the safety of an individual or publicly;
• providing access is likely to unreasonably impact on the privacy of others;
• the request for access is frivolous or vexations;
• providing access would reveal information which relates to existing or anticipating legal proceedings or otherwise impact on any negotiations;
• providing access is unlawful (including being unlawful as directed by a court or tribunal order) or is likely to impact on actions being taken in relation to alleged unlawful activities relating to the functions and activities of Blue Mountains Explorer Bus; or
• granting access would impact on a commercially sensitive decision making process.
Blue Mountains Explorer Bus takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference or loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We have systems and procedures in place to protect your privacy whenever we collect, store, and use or disclose personal information. We regularly upgrade these systems and review our procedures to ensure high standards of security are used to protect your personal information. However, since no system is 100% secure or error free, we cannot guarantee that your personal information is totally protected, for example, from hackers or misuse. If you enter personal information on our website, you should exercise due care to safeguard any passwords, or other special access features associated with your use of our website.
Our contact details are:
Blue Mountains Explorer Bus
PO Box 1133, Katoomba NSW 2780 AUSTRALIA
Attention: Privacy Officer
Phone: 02 4780 0700